RYM exists to reach youth for Christ and equip them to serve. For over 40 years we have fulfilled our mission by providing conferences for youth that are word driven, God centered and gospel focused. God has blessed RYM, growing us from our original one conference to now seven conferences that are reaching and equipping students all across the country. We give all praise to God for the abundant grace He has extended to us, and the 4,000 students and youth leaders who attend our conferences.
However, we are only scratching the surface of what needs to be done for the sake of Christ’s kingdom through RYM. We have a growing burden that the youth culture of our cities and nation be transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have a growing burden that the disintegrating family be restored by the gospel of Jesus Christ. How can we serve the church in extending His kingdom in these ways? Our plan of action focuses on three primary areas: conferences, training, and resources.
RYM deeply cares about students and we yearn for them to know the unrelenting love of Jesus for them and the power of His gospel - a gospel and a love that will carry them through all of life, even until Jesus comes and makes all things new. That’s our heartbeat at RYM!
RYM is serving local churches through its summer conferences by providing a space where groups can come and have fun together, be challenged and encouraged by the word of God and in worship and grow together both with one another and with students from all over the country.
RYM is a great place to come with your youth group, regardless of size, because you immediately get to see a picture of the broader church and experience that together. Your students get to know new people and see that there are people in other places that believe the same thing they do and have they same questions and struggles that they have.
It’s also a great place to bring someone that’s an unbeliever because we want to respect the unbeliever and speak to them where they are, to bring the power of the gospel to bear on both the believer and the unbeliever’s lives. Students at RYM are exposed to God’s word in devotionals, small groups, elective classes and large group preaching and they have their youth leader with them to help apply the word of God to their hearts.
RYM currently has seven summer conference locations serving middle school and high school students around the country that are Word driven, God centered and Gospel focused. We are serving churches and students at these locations:
A. Middle School Texas - Allaso Ranch, Hawkins, TX
B. Middle School Florida - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
C. Middle School Midwest - Lake Williamson Christian Retreat, Carlinville, IL
D. High School Colorado - YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, CO
E. High School Florida #1 - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
F. High School Florida #2 - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
G. High School Mid-Atlantic - North Bay Adventure Camp, North East, MD
Come join us at an RYM summer conference as we serve students and long for them to see the beauty of Jesus as the explore the gospel and God’s creation. It’s our hope that in the process of doing both they will get a taste of the world to come!
A. Youth Leader Training
In many cases, youth leaders are young, lack sufficient training, and are not intentionally guided by core values and a coherent philosophy of ministry. Many have a love for Jesus and a heart for youth but simply lack the theological, philosophical, and methodological foundation upon which to build a healthy and sustainable ministry to youth and families. RYM is committed to providing this for them.
Therefore, we are:
1. Providing an annual Youth Leader Training conference to teach and cultivate a theology/philosophy of ministry in the lives and minsitries of church youth workers.
2. Partnering with reformed seminaries to provide discounted tuition rates for RYM Church Interns with the aim of encouraging them toward further training or ordination.
3. Creating regional connections and community amongst youth leaders.
4. Casting a vision for the legitimacy of long-term youth and family ministry.
5. Developing a plan for the ongoing encouragement of youth leaders in their significant callings.
B. Church Internship Program
• The RYM Church Internship Program (CIP) benefits the local church in her ministry as well as the intern in both his/her present and future ministries.
• RYM interns are college graduates who have a heart for reaching youth for Christ and equipping them to serve. They are placed as apprentices with partnering churches for a period of at least two years. Under the oversight of a RYM approved youth leader, pastor, or church planter, the intern will learn ministry to middle school and high school students in the context of the local church, reach out to un-churched students in the community with the aim of bringing them into the local church, gain experience both in leading small group bible studies and in one-to-one relational ministry, and apply himself/herself to the study of God’s word through the RYM study program (which may or may not include seminary coursework).
• All church interns raise 50% of their support through RYM and the partnering local church contributes the other 50% thus making it more affordable for churches to acquire much needed help in the area of youth and family ministry as well as much wider opportunity to mentor an aspiring ministry leader.
• The RYM Church Internship Program is the ideal opportunity for young men and women to gain the experience and education they will need to begin well for a lifetime of ministry.
RYM does not exist to compete with the church but to be a helpful resource for the church in her ministry to youth and families.
A. Expanding the RYM website so that it becomes a theological, philosophical, and practical resource for youth leaders, students, and parents.
B. Developing and gathering web-based bible study material (written, audio, and video) for youth leaders, students, and parents.
C. Reviewing and recommending existing curriculum that we believe will be of benefit to churches in their ministries to youth and families.
D. Providing a consulting service to churches in the area of youth and family ministry.
E. Helping churches find youth directors and interns that fit their context.
F. Informing high school students about the ministry of Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) on the college campus so that they can connect with it when they leave home for college. It is our strong desire that students become involved in a local church and RUF ministry for their spiritual well being during their college years.
Our intention for the future is to use our web-based initiative as a foundation for publishing curriculum, devotional guides, and discipleship material for students, youth leaders, and parents.
It is our prayer that the ministry focus of RYM (conferences, training, and resources for the church) will be used by our great Savior to encourage and equip churches in their ministries to youth and families, strengthen the ministry of RUF, and help transform the youth culture in general. In short, we desire to influence the church for generations.
We need churches and individuals to embrace our vision for the future and become partners with us in making it a reality. We need your financial support and your commitment to pray fervently and faithfully for the ministry of RYM. Would you join us in being used of God in truly producing a reformed youth movement in the 21st century?
© Reformed Youth Ministries