RYM exists to serve the Church in reaching and equipping youth for Christ. For nearly 50 years we have labored to fulfill our mission, but we are only scratching the surface of what needs to be done. We have a growing burden for the youth of our nation to be transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and by God's grace and power we will press on in our mission in three areas: Conferences, Training, and Resources.
RYM deeply cares about students and we long for them to believe in, cling to, and live out the gospel of Jesus Christ - a gospel which tells us about Jesus’ unrelenting love which is able to sustain us through all of life, and which is at work to make all things new. This is the heartbeat of RYM.
We strive to serve the Church through summer conferences which are God-centered, Word-driven, and Gospel-focused. Our goal is to provide a space where local churches from around the nation can gather together for worship, fellowship, and fun. We believe that this is a time in which you will be encouraged and challenged by the Word of God, grow closer together as the body of Christ, and enjoy times of fun and fellowship.
RYM is committed to applying God’s Word specifically to students’ current cultural contexts. We prioritize Scripture-saturated teaching through daily large group worship services, elective seminars, small groups, and devotionals - and we aim at the heart. RYM brings local church groups together to listen to, learn about, and live out God’s Word. We believe that God uses the Church in a unique way as the community of believers who are called to build each other up in the Christian faith.
To find out more about our Conferences, click the links below:
Middle School Texas - Allaso Ranch, Hawkins, TX
Middle School Florida - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
High School Colorado - YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, CO
High School Beach Weekend - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
High School Florida #1 - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
High School Florida #2 - Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, Panama City Beach, FL
High School Mid-Atlantic - NorthBay Adventure Camp, North East, MD
We hope you will be able to join us at an RYM Summer Conference this year!
Youth Leader Training
In many cases, youth leaders are young, lack sufficient training, and are not intentionally guided by core values and a coherent philosophy of ministry. Many have a love for Jesus and a heart for youth but simply lack the theological, philosophical, and methodological foundation upon which to build a healthy and sustainable ministry to youth and families. RYM is committed to providing this for them.
Therefore, we are:
1. Providing an annual Youth Leader Training conference to teach and cultivate a theology/philosophy of ministry in the lives and minsitries of church youth workers.
2. Partnering with reformed seminaries to provide discounted tuition rates for RYM Church Interns with the aim of encouraging them toward further training or ordination.
3. Creating regional connections and community amongst youth leaders.
4. Casting a vision for the legitimacy of long-term youth and family ministry.
5. Developing a plan for the ongoing encouragement of youth leaders in their significant callings.
Church Internship Program
• The RYM Church Internship Program (CIP) benefits the local church in her ministry as well as the intern in both his/her present and future ministries.
• RYM interns are college graduates who have a heart for reaching youth for Christ and equipping them to serve. They are placed as apprentices with partnering churches for a period of at least two years. Under the oversight of a RYM approved youth leader, pastor, or church planter, the intern will learn ministry to middle school and high school students in the context of the local church, reach out to un-churched students in the community with the aim of bringing them into the local church, gain experience both in leading small group bible studies and in one-to-one relational ministry, and apply himself/herself to the study of God’s word through the RYM study program (which may or may not include seminary coursework).
• All church interns raise 50% of their support through RYM and the partnering local church contributes the other 50% thus making it more affordable for churches to acquire much needed help in the area of youth and family ministry as well as much wider opportunity to mentor an aspiring ministry leader.
• The RYM Church Internship Program is the ideal opportunity for young men and women to gain the experience and education they will need to begin well for a lifetime of ministry.
RYM does not exist to compete with the church but to be a helpful resource for the church in her ministry to youth and families.
A. Expanding the RYM website so that it becomes a theological, philosophical, and practical resource for youth leaders, students, and parents.
B. Developing and gathering web-based bible study material (written, audio, and video) for youth leaders, students, and parents.
C. Writing books and editing books series for youth and youth ministry leaders in partnership with Christian Focus Publications. Also, we will be reviewing and recommending existing books and curriculum that we believe will benefit churches in their ministry to youth and families.
D. Providing a consulting service to churches in the area of youth and family ministry.
E. Helping churches find youth directors and interns that fit their context.
F. Informing high school students about the ministry of Reformed University Fellowship (RUF) on the college campus so that they can connect with it when they leave home for college. It is our strong desire that students become involved in a local church and RUF ministry for their spiritual well being during their college years.
Our intention for the future is to use our web-based initiative as a foundation for publishing curriculum, devotional guides, and discipleship material for students, youth leaders, and parents.
It is our prayer that the ministry focus of RYM (conferences, training, and resources for the church) will be used by our great Savior to encourage and equip churches in their ministries to youth and families, strengthen the ministry of RUF, and help transform the youth culture in general. In short, we desire to influence the church for generations.
We need churches and individuals to embrace our vision for the future and become partners with us in making it a reality. We need your financial support and your commitment to pray fervently and faithfully for the ministry of RYM. Would you join us in being used of God in truly producing a reformed youth movement in the 21st century?
© Reformed Youth Ministries