A new training avenue to serve the Church by developing youth ministry leaders and strengthening ministries.
- Participants will be mentored in practical ministry skills as well as important “soft skills” necessary for leading healthy and sustainable ministries.
- They will deepen their understanding of a biblically/theologically rich philosophy of ministry.
- They will grow in their walk with Jesus and experience real time encouragement and accountability from a cohort of fellow youth leaders.
YLT Cohorts are designed for...
- Anyone seeking to develop as a youth ministry leader and strengthen their church's ministry to youth, regardless of experience
- Anyone who is new to youth ministry or serving in a new position/at a new church
- Churches wanting to offer training and additional mentoring to their youth ministry interns
- A nine month study program (Sept-May) with content in three focus areas:
- Ministry Practice
- Growth in Grace/Soul Care
- Each cohort is led by a mentor who has significant experience in youth ministry
- Participation in RYM's annual Youth Leader Training event along with leaders from across the country
- Two cohort meetings per month on Zoom (90 minutes each)
- One for discussion of study program material
- One for topical ministry discussion, sharing life and ministry, struggles, prayer, etc.
- A 1:1 meeting each month with the Cohort Mentor (50 minutes each)
- Ministry consultation
- Pastoral care and prayer
- Regular meetings between the Cohort Mentor and local church oversight (Pastor, Asst Pastor, Youth Pastor, Elder, Lay Leader, etc.) …genearally every other month from September to May
- Access to the Cohort Mentor between monthly meetings
- Priority access to RYM Director of Training
- 50% discount for the leader or a chaperone to one RYM summer conference
- Tuition discounts at Covenant Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary (upon completion of two years of YLT Cohorts)
Program length: While the program is designed for two years of participation, a one year commitment is allowable. Cohorts will meet from September to May each year.
Cost: $3000 per program year. Installment plans are welcome. Full balance is due May 15.
Registration: Registration for the 2023/2024 program year is now open! The deadline is May 1, 2023.